1. Pomegranate Wild Rice Salad
This grain salad is pretty enough to impress, and it’s so easy to make!
First, make a simple vinaigrette.
Then cook wild rice and let it cool to room temperature.
Add arugula, pomegranate seeds, pine nuts, and feta cheese to the cooled wild rice in a large mixing bowl, then drizzle on the vinaigrette.
Toss, and serve!
Didn’t get all that? Here’s the video!
POMEGRANATE WILD RICE SALAD
⅓ cup minced shallots
⅓ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon lemon zest
3 cups water
1 cup wild rice
2 cups arugula
1 cup pomegranate seeds
1/3 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup feta cheese
1. Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside until ready to use.
2. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add wild rice and bring back to a boil. Cover and let simmer for 45 minutes. Once all of the water has been absorbed, fluff rice and transfer to large salad bowl.
3. Allow the rice to come to room temperature so it doesn’t wilt the rest of the salad ingredients.
4. Add all salad ingredients to the salad bowl. Add as much dressing as you like, toss and serve. Top with more feta cheese (optional), and enjoy!